Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Shitting like a king

I went out to a company dinner last night. The restaurant was very posh, the wine was expensive, the steaks were perfect and the check was incredibly high. Out of everything, I was most impressed by the bathroom!!! Yes, here was all this atmosphere, a huge fire pit, snotty waiters and all and I went to the bathroom three times just so I could check it out over and over again. This bathroom was amazing. The ceiling, walls and floor were all made up of the most beautiful marble you have ever seen. The sink was marble and had these two really fancy silver faucets. The hand soap was smooth and made your hands feel good and instead of paper towels or an air dryer there were linens made of Egyptian cotton to dry your hands on. The men's stalls had these heavy wooden doors and there were no gaps under the floor. You could shit in complete isolation. The room was sound proof to so you could make all of the noise necessary. There was very high quality toilet paper and several selections of tissue. Everything was spotless. I would have felt comfortable eating my dinner off of this toilet. They must have had someone in there every couple of minutes to clean up, because men's restrooms do not stay in this condition for very long. The urinals even had some sort of padding material to prevent splash back! Overall this was the best bathroom experience that I have ever had. I only hope that one day my lifestyle will warrant the use of bathrooms such as this on a more consistent basis.